Email is a highly targeted platform for cyber-attacks such as malware, spam, and phishing attempts. Therefore, we stress the importance of email protection. Everyone uses email, whether it is for personal use or for business use, and it has been used since the 1970’s! Yes millennials, that is a long time (around 50 years to be exact!) and since then cyber-attacks have gotten a lot more sophisticated.
You may think we are repeating ourselves and drilling cyber-attacks into your brain, but the fact of the matter is, they are real and happen to many people and businesses every single day!
- Avoid opening attachments unless you know for sure it is secure
- Avoid sharing passwords with others if possible
- Change passwords on a regular basis or on a scheduled basis
- Don’t use public wi-fi when accessing sensitive information
We don’t mention it very often, but public Wi-Fi is NOT secure, and many cyber criminals try to use public Wi-Fi as an opportunity to gain access to your sensitive information. Next time you decide to go to your favorite coffee shop to work, make sure you’re using your own personal hotspot or a virtual private network (VPN). If you do decide to use the public Wi-Fi, be careful and don’t log into any important emails and or files while you are using it.
There are other aspects of email protection. Here are just a few of the important ones:
- Spam Filtering, this acts as a scanner and will block messages that have malware and other attacks.
- Email encryption, this aspect is good for those who need to send sensitive information.
- Spyware protection, spyware removal is important to have and will get rid of infected files to ensure that you’re being protected.
At Devfuzion we make sure you’re protected and educated. We want to provide the best for you and your business that why we partner with the industry’s leading experts in spam filtering, threat protection, artificial intelligence-driven scanning, and backups in case the worst happens.
Please contact us today if you have any questions, concerns, or if you are interested in learning more about Email Protection.